Wow

All your bike talk here

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

Zed1
Privateer
Privateer

Wow

Post by Zed1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:15 am

Thought I'd have a go at fitting some new tyres , got the back 1 on ok(ish) front 1 was a nightmare , after struggling for ages went for a cuppa and a look on Google , saw posts about using cable ties seemed mad but was fed up so thought why not have a go , didn't have any cable ties big enough so used half a dozen the downs and hells bells bit of tyre soap and straight on !! No levers just walked it on :smt023

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

Re: Wow

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:22 am

The tyre changer I use is a stationary unit. The Michelin PP rubber that comes off usually comes off fairly easily. Going on, the trick to getting the second bead on, is to get the first into the rim gully. Then with minor effort on the rotation lever and some Windex and bead butter, the results are like yours.

=D>
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, AEM wideband AFR gauge, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

Ukbikenut
Moto GP Rider
Moto GP Rider

Post by Ukbikenut » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:41 am

Zed1 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:15 am
Thought I'd have a go at fitting some new tyres , got the back 1 on ok(ish) front 1 was a nightmare , after struggling for ages went for a cuppa and a look on Google , saw posts about using cable ties seemed mad but was fed up so thought why not have a go , didn't have any cable ties big enough so used half a dozen the downs and hells bells bit of tyre soap and straight on !! No levers just walked it on :smt023
Another tip.. If you cant get the bead to re seal after fitting a new tyre,get a ratchet strap and place it round the perimeter of the tyre and ratchet the centre down until the bead looks to be in tight contact then inflate.

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:28 am

That's an excellent way to get tyres on the rims
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.