What did you do to your Ninja today?

All your bike talk here

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

Grinsaki
Privateer
Privateer

Re: What did you do to your Ninja today?

Post by Grinsaki » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:59 am

Gave the engine front a good cleaning as it was all mucked up gue black. Apart from some chipped paint on the frame tubes I think she looks great for a 26 year and 70.000km old bike. 8)
Quite happily driving and refurbishing a ZX-9R B1 8)

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:55 am

:smt023 Worth taking the metal coolant tube off and checking for internal rust
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66375&p=737607&hilit=rust#p737607
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

Grinsaki
Privateer
Privateer

Post by Grinsaki » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Will do, thanks Tango. :smt023
Quite happily driving and refurbishing a ZX-9R B1 8)

rod750
Privateer
Privateer

Post by rod750 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:02 am

New Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's on:
Attachments
IMG_20200310_213423.jpg
Rod

hasi9r
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Post by hasi9r » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:10 pm

Rod .. what do you use to clean and shine the chrome on your wheels ?
Looks really nice and shiny .
I have the same set up on my wheels but takes me such a long time to try and get it that shiny

rod750
Privateer
Privateer

Post by rod750 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:29 am

I had them done by a polisher who did them to sisal stage. That gives a polished finished but not mirror finish. After my efforts with the exhaust I thought I would leave the wheels to someone with the right tools! The next step would be with a Calico buff which would then give a mirror finish.

I didn't want that mirror finish so had it done to sisal buff only. After the tyres were fitted those polished bits had bead soap and mould release oil on them which i took off with household cleaner and then I gave them a quick go with Mother's metal polish.

My next step is to seal the polished sections. There is a product called Eventbrite but it will be removed by solvents, which might be impractical on the rear wheel of it gets degreaser to remove chain crud. Meguiar's have a polish with leaves a polymer coating but that would require ongoing maintenance. Could also go for actual clear coat too.....such as a matt finish clear.... Which might look good and be durable.
Rod

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:36 pm

The rattle can clear coats won't bond to your exposed alloy,there are 2k high solid rattle cans of clear coat but I would't advise you
use the 2k on wheels/bare alloy...A pereodic lick of wax will keep them looking sweet. :smt023
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

hasi9r
BSB Rider
BSB Rider

Post by hasi9r » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Thanks for that Rod .
No wonder it looks so good !
I'll look into it , much appreciated

rexa1100
Privateer
Privateer

Re: undertray

Post by rexa1100 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Today i fitted a undertray, and a oem cut down undertray to the c2, got them both for 40 Bgn Lev, around £18

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:46 pm

tangosevern wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:55 am
:smt023 Worth taking the metal coolant tube off and checking for internal rust
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66375&p=737607&hilit=rust#p737607
Rust? We don't need no stinking rust! :idea:

Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, AEM wideband AFR gauge, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

Relay
Privateer
Privateer

Post by Relay » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Got my 'new' seat fairing back from the sprayers and fitted it.
Hants. ZX9R C2 Blue.

bobbydj
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by bobbydj » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm

rod750 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:29 am
I had them done by a polisher who did them to sisal stage. That gives a polished finished but not mirror finish. After my efforts with the exhaust I thought I would leave the wheels to someone with the right tools! The next step would be with a Calico buff which would then give a mirror finish.

I didn't want that mirror finish so had it done to sisal buff only. After the tyres were fitted those polished bits had bead soap and mould release oil on them which i took off with household cleaner and then I gave them a quick go with Mother's metal polish.

My next step is to seal the polished sections. There is a product called Eventbrite but it will be removed by solvents, which might be impractical on the rear wheel of it gets degreaser to remove chain crud. Meguiar's have a polish with leaves a polymer coating but that would require ongoing maintenance. Could also go for actual clear coat too.....such as a matt finish clear.... Which might look good and be durable.
Those wheels look brilliant. I daren't even look at mine. Especially the rear one. It's in a terrible state. Resigned to it now, I am. :|
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day - set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

rod750
Privateer
Privateer

Post by rod750 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:06 pm

bobbydj wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm
Those wheels look brilliant. I daren't even look at mine. Especially the rear one. It's in a terrible state. Resigned to it now, I am. :|
What state are they in? Mine still aren't the best - they could to with a repaint on the inner rim and the spokes. The hub on the disk side was nearly as bad as that sprocket side. It had a lot of brake dust staining which was stained right into the paint. As it looked terrible I got a local car paint shop to match the colour and put it in a pressure pack. I rubbed back the paint a bit with a scotchbrite pad on my Dremel and gave it a couple of coats.

Now to bleed that b/tard rear brake! Piston is right back in the caliper, I've now pre-primed the master cylinder and line but it ain't pumping. I had pulled the master cylinder apart to clean it, the seals weren't hard or perished. Put it back together, put the new line on and here I am. I might take the MC apart again, just to see that I'd re-assembled it correctly. There isn't much to them so I'm wondering what has gone wrong.
Rod

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 pm

What I presume is my AEM AFR kit arrived on my door step yesterday. I won't be doing anything with it for the next three weeks, just in case, other than let it sit outside in sunlight.

Excited for the time when it's back on the bike and riding isn't vaguely restricted.
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, AEM wideband AFR gauge, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

Relay
Privateer
Privateer

Post by Relay » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Bought some new fuel line but after taking the tank off couldn't fit it, as though bore looks the same overall width is smaller so the clips just slide about. Not the first time something doesn't fit correctly from a well known on-line parts supplier :-|
Attachments
line_50.jpg
Hants. ZX9R C2 Blue.