impressive

For all your Racing and trackday Chat

Moderators: Steve-TC1, RAFlyer, yorkie

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

impressive

Post by Steve-TC1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:29 pm

Now imagine if Kawasaki dropped to the MotoGP weight limit , put a set of Michelin's on it, put Carbon brakes on it, and dropped the rev limit
Attachments
motogp vs wsbk.png

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Re: impressive

Post by tangosevern » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Why/what ? Is there a rev limit on moto GP bikes, heard plenty of references to the 10r setting lap times with on par factory exotica over the last two years.
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:43 pm

That would be exciting to see JR in MotoGP in green.
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Post by Steve-TC1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:44 am

tangosevern wrote:Why/what ? Is there a rev limit on moto GP bikes, heard plenty of references to the 10r setting lap times with on par factory exotica over the last two years.
Not on the MotoGp bike but he WSBK is limited , in fact it has the most revs cut in WSBK

firebeast
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by firebeast » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Wtf? Mm would eat Jonny for breakfast, end of . It’s all bullshit trying to compare them, chalk and cheese , so speculation is frankly bollocks.. :smt023
Let’s see what Scott does next year as remotely one way of comparing , but even that’s clutching at straws .
its the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight!

Kow Killer
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by Kow Killer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm

It is impressive, but it's also the reason that the Big Four's flagship liter bikes are far better as track weapons than as streetbikes, esp with the super-tall gearing so many have nowadays.
Any fool can slaughter a 600 lb Holstein steer with a gun. I did it with a KZ 750 :o)

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Steve-TC1 wrote:
tangosevern wrote:Why/what ? Is there a rev limit on moto GP bikes, heard plenty of references to the 10r setting lap times with on par factory exotica over the last two years.
Not on the MotoGp bike but he WSBK is limited , in fact it has the most revs cut in WSBK
Ahhh thanks.
Seeings he's just up the way from me Scott Redding I hope gets a few podiums next year...Good in the boxing ring also
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

JonyB
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by JonyB » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:50 am

I'm with Firebeast on this one... MotoGP and WSBK bikes are completely different machines, with hardly anything in common apart from being 2 wheeled vehicles. That said, they will need 2 completely different riding styles to get the most out of each one. Rea actually did a few MotoGP races back in the day but didn't exactly hit the headlines...
Ride to add life to your days, not days to your life!!!

ZX9R C2
Triumph Street Triple R (2011)

Arrow || K&N || HEL || NGK || STOMPGRIP || SBS || RACETECH

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 pm

These belong here.

Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.