Andrea Iannone's career may be over, tests postive (drugs)

For all your Racing and trackday Chat

Moderators: Steve-TC1, RAFlyer, yorkie

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

Andrea Iannone's career may be over, tests postive (drugs)

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Iannone’s failed sample included a non-specified substance under Section 1.1.a Exogenous Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) of the 2019 FIM Prohibited List.

If Iannone is found guilty he could face a maximum of a four-year ban which would effectively mean the end of his Grand Prix racing career.

Source - Image
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Re: Andrea Iannone's career may be over, tests postive (drugs)

Post by tangosevern » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:00 am

Exogenous steroids are synthetically created versions of the testosterone hormone. These substances are not naturally produced by the body.
Endogenous steroids are naturally occurring substances in the human body that are involved with the metabolic pathways of testosterone.
Well I had to look that shit up,should have done the Vampire thing like whats his fizzog Armstrong the bicycle rider.
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

obsidian
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Re: Andrea Iannone's career may be over, tests postive (drugs)

Post by obsidian » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Cant he just get a doctor's note that it was prescribed medication/that he "needed" it,
like they do in US sports, to make everything legit?
'02 9R / '92 ZXR750