KRT wanted to enter MotoGP with Rea's Superbike

For all your Racing and trackday Chat

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

e1_ZX-9r
Admin
Location: Blackfoot, ID: ZX-9R sE1*, E1, & sF1*; all CA EVAP models. * Supercruise capable

KRT wanted to enter MotoGP with Rea's Superbike

Post by e1_ZX-9r » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:40 pm

GPone wrote:"I'll tell you something, recently Kawasaki asked me for the possibility of doing wild cards with their Superbike. I replied no, because wild cards are reserved for those who participate in MotoGP. I like to be direct; I don't think this is the only solution, but the best one for us." "I said no, the game is clear. SBK is the B series of motorcycling, but that doesn't mean that we aren't working to improve it." - Carmelo Ezpeleta
While I would personally love to see this, I think Ezpeleta is right. On the other hand, I think what KRT could or should do then is outfit Rea's ZX-10RR to MotoGP specifications at a future testing session; remove the starter motor, set the weight to that of a GP bike, outfit it with carbon rotors, etc..., and let Rea push it to it's limits. Doing so with one of his bikes in SBK and one in MotoGP trim would give a glimpse of where Kawasaki might expect their livery to place.
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja EVAP sE1. At the track she's said to be outclassed, but on the street, she reigns unmatched. You’re encouraged to challenge that claim. I pick the course. -- Mods: Carbureted, not Fuel Injected, Nissin caliper upgrade, SuperTrapp Aluminum Racing Series exhaust (Made in USA), ZG sport-touring shield, Keihin rejetted, AEM wideband AFR gauge, éan creiche malar stripes. (U.S.A./U.K.). Tank range in miles: 240 minimum.

Steve-TC1
Top Cat

Re: KRT wanted to enter MotoGP with Rea's Superbike

Post by Steve-TC1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:07 pm

Agree ,
They need to ldo a 3 day test with the WSBK rev limit removed , carbon brakes , weight reduced to MotoGp level , use Gp spec fuel ect .. I'll bet on a top ten time ( track dependant )

They could go further and fit a one off motor with none stock crank , use Ohlins and use Michelin Qualifiers but that's not going to happen ..

It would be interesting to see just how close Rea could get

firebeast
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by firebeast » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:11 pm

This is utter bollocks lads. Wsb bikes are inherently easier to find the limit being road based, not prototype. Kwakor BMW don't want to spend the money needed as they know the requirements are very different and the paddock is so close on times compared to Wsb, nevermind rider talent. It would be more interesting to see mm on the cbr or the kwak straight out the box. I used to think rea could have made the step when he was H###A, but he would not have been too successful compared to his wsb exploits. Just look at Scott now, he got comfy on the Duke and may well be up to race winning pace straight away and he didn't cut it very often in motogp.
The argument about lap times don't fit no matter how hard folk try to go on about it.
its the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight!

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:07 am

I agree with FB the million £++ GP bikes are sussed for advantages for specific meters m2 of a GP circuit /track..Asphalt laid with a quantified return for it's presence.
A GP bike would pull away from a Kwacker 10R on the bends owing to the ££million of suspension settings and tricKnology.
The difference is putting the rider of the ££$$million's bike on a circuit like the IOM TT,upon his/her's/them's ££$$ bike, and then competing with privateer's who have balls of steel or clitoris with more grip than a QII Dunlop. :D
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.