Triumph Daytona 675 front brake master cylinder

Finding non standard parts from other bikes that fit your ZX-9R

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

rod750
Privateer
Privateer

Triumph Daytona 675 front brake master cylinder

Post by rod750 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 am

I was contemplating a ZX10R master cylinder to go with the rebuilt six pot Tok's and the new HEL brake lines (with radial MC adaptor) but the pickings on Ebay were slim. Wanting to replace Nissin with Nissin I started looking for alternatives and remembered reading that Triumph uses Nissin brakes on a lot of their models. So I found a radial master on Ebay from a Daytona 675. This should bolt right on.....

The first hurdle was the gap between the right hand switchblock and the handlebar mount. The Nissin radial MC has a bit more meat than the axial MC right where the handlbar bracket is. I didn't want to modify the bracket so the MC got some attention from the Dremel. Then, there's two tangs which come down from the body to hold the hose fitting in place. One gets in the way of the adaptor so that had to come off. I'd confused them when I flipped the MC over to grind one away and I took the wrong one off. That one I took off by mistake can be left on to hold the radial adaptor when tightening up the banjo bolt. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of the ensuing events:
The bike is still in pieces so I haven't tried it all out yet. The Daytona 675 has a 19mm bore. I believe that's slightly on the large size so I might get a bit of a wooden feeling but I'll see how it goes. The hose from MC to reservoir on the Daytona MC is too short for the ZX so I used the old one from the ZX MC - it has to bend a bit so gets a slight kink but still has plenty of bore for the brake fluid.
Rod