More pictures of my home made slipper clutch.

Finding non standard parts from other bikes that fit your ZX-9R

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Re: More pictures of my home made slipper clutch.

Post by tangosevern » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:46 pm

No Buddy !! The link is for zx7r and zxr 750 and zx9r B ,they have the slipper clutch but it needs to be reset with different plates to activate, only way with a ZX9C is to mod and switch in a zx10r clutch assembly.
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

rod750
Privateer
Privateer

Post by rod750 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks. Do you know what is required to lob a ZX10R clutch into a ZX9R C?
Rod

tangosevern
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by tangosevern » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:23 pm

Nope, not done the swap myself but there is enough info on the first page to do the mod, would be worth checking the zx10r forums though just to see if the track jockeys have recently sussed any other improvements for the clutch hub assembly
You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

BkHooligan
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by BkHooligan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:44 pm

I had sent yngve a email regarding the rest of the pics and info about this slipper clutch and he got back to me and told me that the z1000 03-07 slipper clutch is a bolt on. He didnt specify though if for a C E or F models
98 zx9r C1, with a E engine swap, muzzy carbonfiber short can,

Previous bikes ,03 vstar 1100,80 cb900c custom built

obsidian
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by obsidian » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:49 pm

BkHooligan wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:44 pm
I had sent yngve a email regarding the rest of the pics and info about this slipper clutch and he got back to me and told me that the z1000 03-07 slipper clutch is a bolt on. He didnt specify though if for a C E or F models
Ha!
I actually sent him a PM way back when - and having checked it now, he actually read it.
..just never replied :roll:

More specificity is needed, though..
What is a "bolt on" in this case?

As I mentioned earlier:

obsidian wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:56 am
[...] That aside, all the stuff about Z1000 gearbox being a straight replacement for the 9R engines,
does anymody know if the clutch basket would also be a straight fit?

- Reason I'm asking is I've found some info that the 2016 Z1000SX models (and up)
now have the slipper clutch, and the whole basket is straight fit to the regular Z1000.

So, if, by some magic, z1000 basket should fit the 9r engines without a drama, we could have a winner right there.

Also, I just looked it up again, confirming my initial research results:
2016 was the first year of the slipper clutch

So the 03-07 Z1000 "slipper clutch" that's supposed to be a bolt on .. raises some questions.
'02 9R / '92 ZXR750

BkHooligan
WSB Rider
WSB Rider

Post by BkHooligan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Here's a copy of the email. He sent me.

. I would really like 2 get the instructions to do this. drilling out the rivets ain't no big deal I did it on the cb to replace the rubber dampers.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200403-085245_Gmail.jpg
98 zx9r C1, with a E engine swap, muzzy carbonfiber short can,

Previous bikes ,03 vstar 1100,80 cb900c custom built

firebeast
Ninja Guru
Ninja Guru

Post by firebeast » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:40 pm

It’s something I would also have liked but am happy to let you crack on first again to iron any issues then put the how 2 up [-o<
He ended up welding it I think ,due to a little vibe issue , plus a bit of security it would stay together properly.
Got to say again, his motor/bike did seem like the most properly worked/breathed upon / fully upgraded /had a LOT of money lavished, that someone has ever done or will ever do tbh.
I think the only area he didn’t cover fully was getting the best race system to extract the max from it all..
its the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight!