ZXR750 Loom reroute??

ALL questions, technical and otherwise answered for Other Models and Marques .

Moderators: RAFlyer, yorkie, tangosevern, Steve-TC1

jwdg298
Privateer
Privateer

ZXR750 Loom reroute??

Post by jwdg298 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to bring my ZXR back to road life. I was just wondering if anyone had successfully rerouted the massive loom that runs down the RHS through the frame and down the inside over the engine more like the 9???

I was wondering if what I want to do is possible and what pitfalls there might be??

I used her on track for a bit but I fancy getting her going again.

This is the ZXR when I first got her about 4 years ago

Image[/URL]

This is her in track clothes

First run in ages, on old fuel and with a fresh battery (which I fitted the wrong way round at first....

I sold off fairings and lights when I bought the track fairings and I regret it now but I bought this tatty L1 and spares for £400 to use as a donor.......

The L1 was stripped by a previous owner but shes all there so if I can I intend to try and get her in a track worthy condition, but i'm not holding my breath.

Oh and last question, if I get the donor going, to go keyless on the ignition, do I simply wire in a switch on the old barrel position so that she powers up on the switch?
Anyway, all advice welcome, cheers. :D

shamus13

Post by shamus13 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Can't comment on the ZXR but the P model 7 I had has a large part of the loom running along the left side. When I put the 9 engine in I routed it past the left side of the carbs and over the left side of the engine exiting at the top left corner of the radiator.
SHAMUS

BEX MOTO

"If you can't express it in numbers it's not engineering, it's opinion."

jwdg298
Privateer
Privateer

Post by jwdg298 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Thanks for that, I reckon its do-able but may just need to strip the loom down a bit as its massively thick at the moment..............